La Tour des Landes, located
in Aveyron, dependence in XIII century of Commandery of Knights
Templar of Capelle-Livron near Cahors, was placed in 1351 by the
Hospitaliers under the supervision of Commandery of Espalion much
For more than 4 centuries,
it served as residence to a Commander responsible for managing the
property surrounding the Landes. For this reason, it is commonly
Tour du Commandeur.
At the Revolution, the
Landes domain was sold by the state and the Tour became a private
Among the 5 levels involved,
there is a monumental fireplace, dated XIV century, a roman oratory,
a guard room and a vaulted cellar.
DETAILED HISTORY OF THE TOWER